Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:17:01 +0100
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building kdiff3 for kde 3.5

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 08:37:51, doug@safeport.com wrote:
> Apparently only the version for kde4 is on the ports and I could not find=
> package for 3.5. Building the available source had some interesting resul=
ts
> but ultimate did not work. What I finally did was google the 3.5 package
> name I had installed and found a copy at the University of Kent.
>=20
> There must be a better way to find older ports/packages. What should I ha=
ve
> done?
=46rom kdiff3 homepage looks that from version 0.9.93 kdiff3 works with KDE=
4.=20
Earlier version worked with KDE3 only. In ports is version 0.9.95 and in=20
Makefile it's line USE_KDE4 so it builds with KDE4. You can take earlier po=
rt=20
version 0.9.92 manually from=20
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/textproc/kdiff3/
or use ports-mgmt/portdowngrade