Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 04:41:47 -0800
From:      chip wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: directory listing doesn't show all files

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:51:01 +0100
Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz> wrote:

> # chip@wiegand.org / 2002-12-01 10:28:47 -0800:
> > I have a mixed network of FreeBSD boxes and Win98 boxes. On one FBSD
> > box I use shlight to mount the c: drive of one win98 box. Works
> > fine. When I browser,  in any file manager or command line, a
> > directory on the win98 box which contains almost 400 mp3's, on the
> > FBSD box the directory listing shows only the first 167 files. I
> > view the same directory from another win98 box and I see all files.
> > On the FBSD box I used command line ls, as well as the file manager
> > with XFCE. Any ideas why only about half of the files will be
> > listed?
>
>     a problem in sharity light? try the client from net/samba or
>     mount_smbfs(8). the latter might require kernel rebuild.
>
> --

Appears the problem may well be with sharity-light. I used smbclient to
access the shared drive and it appears I can now see all the files. But,
I cannot verify this for certain, because I can't list the directory a
page at a time, or get a total number of files or kbytes used,  using
smbclient. Anyone know how to do that?

--
Chip