Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:33:26 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Richard Shaw <Richard.Shaw@mondus.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI Wavelan cards under 4.4

Richard Shaw wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to get a 3com wavelan 3crwe777a PCI card working under 4.4 Release. I've trawled for posts on this and have found plenty mentioning how easy it was to get the ISA version working, but have had no solid confirmations that the PCI one will work. There have been mumblings of incompatibilities with some motherboards, talk of support coming soon but nothing definite. Has anyone set one up, or managed to get one working ?

I was under the impression the PCI versions won't work until FreeBSD 5
because the PCI version effectivly requires newcard.  The "PCI" card
here is really just a PCCARD controller on an PCI card that you
plug an off-the-shelf Wavelan/Orinoco card into.

OTOH, the ISA version works fine (although the controllers use a
slightly
unusual memory address IIRC).

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer