Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:52:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jkikpole@cdcsd.k12.ny.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache port install problems

 	I just CVSupped to RELENG_3 (i.e. 3.4-Stable) yesterday.  I've been trying
to upgrade Apache ever since yesterday evening with no success.  I CVSupped the
ports collection, cd to /usr/ports/www/apache13-php3, and type "make".  (I want
to leave the older apache running until I know that the new one will work.)

	I checked off MySQL, IMAP, mod_ssl, LDAP, XML, etc. on the menu system and
it began to compile.  It seems to have installed all the dependencies
correctly.  After some time it terminates with the following errors:

===>  Configuring for Apache-1.3.11
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.11
 + using installation path layout: GNU (config.layout)
 + activated php3 module (modules/php3/libphp3.a)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 3.4 platform
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + using custom target name: apache
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
      (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
    o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
Error: None of Berkeley-DB 1.x, 2.x or 3.x libraries found.
       Either disable mod_auth_db or provide us with the paths
       to the Berkeley-DB include and library files.
       (Hint: INCLUDES, LDFLAGS, LIBS)
===>  Building for apache+php+mod_ssl-1.3.11+3.0.14+2.5.0
===> src
make: don't know how to make all. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

	Does anyone know what I should be trying to do next?  I saw the line
"Hint: INCLUDES, LDFLAGS, LIBS", but I don't know what to do with that
information.  ("echo INCLUDES", etc. turned up null strings)  Any help at all
is greatly appreciated.

							Thanks in advance,
							Jaime Kikpole

--