Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 08:26:39 +0500 (PKT)
From:      b97063@lums.edu.pk
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem in running X Windows with S3 Trio64V+

I have a got an IBM 133MHz with S3 Trio64V+ chipset. When I try to run the
XF86Setup utility the computer simply reboots. If I use the xf86config
utility it automatically recognizes the chip as S3 Trio64V+. I am using
FreeBSD 2.2-BETA. However when I run the display manager again the screen
vanashes and the moment I press the first key the system reboots. I have
tried to change the server and even tried the MonoVGA server but even then
it does not work. The problem is not with the monitor since I have another
X windows running computer and this monitor works with that. However in the
other system I have an Avance Logic video card. Most probably the problem
is with the S3 Trio64V+ card.

Please help me.
Thank you