Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:07:55 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RESOLVED - Re: loader issues...

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:36:46AM +0100, Koster, K.J. wrote:
> This is a problem, because the easiest way to make the two-partition setup
> is to create a swap partition of 2x memory size, and "the rest" for /.

No "problem" but "pain in the ass".  One must create swap first, take
note of the free space, delete the swap partition, make the root
partition with the size noted, and then re-make the swap partition.

> Has a PR been filed for this one?

Nope.  I did not realize the same limitation did not exist on the i386.
I thought it was something inherent to BSD.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX