Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2013 22:35:05 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qemu-devel - no kvm accelerator

Am 07.09.2013 17:39 schrieb "Beeblebrox" <zaphod@berentweb.com>:

> >> You need to install virtualbox-ose on the Host and
> virtualbox-ose-additions inside FreeBSD guests
>
> I'm aware of that - the problem is, currently my host and guest are the
same
> machine and I want to be able to share files between host/guest FreeBSD
and
> vm-run O/S. There's a very simple way I'm sure.

There is no way to be both vbox host and guest at the same time with the
same kernel. The kernel modules for host and guest share the same
codebase/symbols/locks which is asking for trouble and unsupported from
upstream.

> >> The virtualbox-ose port has an VNC option which privides a VNC server
per
> >> VM that you can connect to.
> My question was: How does the client boot into awareness that it should
look
> for the VNC server? Where is the VNC server preference or per-VM selection
> boot-loader provided? What is being used: direct PXE/Grub/BTX? You can't
> just turn on your laptop and magically connect to the VM by VNC...

Sorry but I really don't understand your configuration and needs so you
either need to describe what you have and what you want or the only help
that I can provide are generic tips and technical info.

That vnc option enables a vnc server per vm that exports the console for
that vm. It can be configured via the GUI on which port the vnc server
should listen and authentication stuff. From the vm side there is no extra
configuration or support required. You can connect to the vnc port as soon
as the vm is running and will get the same output as in the Qt GUI. For
detailed configuration please have a look at the vbox handbook.