Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:30:42 +0900 (JST)
From:      KIMURA Yasuhiro <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updated OpenSSL patches

> I've put updated patches on ftp-master -- they should reach mirrors in
> a few hours.

> [FreeBSD 4.7 systems]
> # fetch ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/SA-03:02/openssl47.patch.gz

I applied this new patch to the new 4.7R source tree (which means,
removed old tree, extraced from install median and applied all
preceding patches) and 2 rejections still happend.

sugar# pwd
/usr/src
sugar# zcat /tmp/security-fixes/openssl47.patch.gz | patch -s
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to README.rej
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to Makefile.rej
sugar#

But these rejections are strange because new patch doesn't modify
either /usr/src/README or /usr/src/Makefile at all.

sugar# cat README.rej
***************
*** 1,7 ****

!  OpenSSL 0.9.6g 9 August 2002

!  Copyright (c) 1998-2002 The OpenSSL Project
   Copyright (c) 1995-1998 Eric A. Young, Tim J. Hudson
   All rights reserved.

--- 1,7 ----

!  OpenSSL 0.9.6i Feb 19 2003

!  Copyright (c) 1998-2003 The OpenSSL Project
   Copyright (c) 1995-1998 Eric A. Young, Tim J. Hudson
   All rights reserved.

sugar#

It seems this modification should be applied to
/usr/src/crypto/openssl/README and

sugar# cat Makefile.rej
***************
*** 35,42 ****
  MAINTAINER=   kris

  # base sources
! SRCS+=        cpt_err.c cryptlib.c cversion.c ebcdic.c ex_data.c mem.c mem_dbg.c \
!       tmdiff.c uid.c

  # asn1

--- 35,42 ----
  MAINTAINER=   kris

  # base sources
! SRCS+=        cpt_err.c cryptlib.c cversion.c ebcdic.c ex_data.c mem.c mem_clr.c \
!       mem_dbg.c tmdiff.c uid.c

  # asn1

sugar#

this should be applied to /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/Makefile.

So I'm afraid the bug of "patch" command might be revealed by this
patch. Does anybody succeed to apply new patch?

---
KIMURA Yasuhiro
Mail: yasu@utahime.org
WWW:  http://www.utahime.org/