Date:      10 Jul 2000 19:29:35 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dist ... what should be in there?

Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> Paul Herman wrote:
>
> > On 9 Jul 2000, Harry Putnam wrote:
> >
> >> Needed to trim down the "/" partition so started looking around for
> >> stuff to get rid of or move.  I see a directory /dist with nothing in
> >> it.  Should there be something in it?
> >
> > Nope it's a mount point.  If you delete it, it will come back again
> > when you use /stand/sysinstall to install packages via cdrom or nfs...
>
> And there's no point deleting it, you'll only save about 1K of disk
> space...

I guess it wasn't clear in my message... I *was* looking for things to
delete but only mentioned /dist because it caught my attention from
being empty... not as a possible candidate for deletion.  When I
noticed it was empty I was immediately gripped with the fear that I
had inadvertantly deleted something terribly important there.