Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:27:30 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Ronneil Camara <neil@restricted.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld

Ronneil Camara wrote:

> All I can say is that I just normally execute those commands as what I
> have been doing a long time ago.
> vi stable-supfile
> cvsup -g -L2 stable-supfile
> cd /usr/src
> make buildworld
> make installworld
> .
> .
> .
> This is it. Tonight, I will do it again as I have heard from the
> freebsd irc channel the stable not good last week. They told
> me to wait for a week or 2.

The wait doesn't always work with stable. I have build a number of
RELENG_4 systems in the last 3 days and there isn't anything wrong
with stable. There is something wrong on how you did the buildworld
and installworld. You aren't supposed to do it in that order. There
has been a lot of email on using the order in /usr/src/UPDATING.

I think something else is wrong on your system. Your system date could
be bad and that made make think it needed to recreate oslredate.h.
Before you do anything check your system date and if it is off, use
"date 200208071627" replacing 071617 with the correct day, hour, minute.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA