Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:05:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Yandle <joe@wlcg.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of JDK for FreeBSD?

> > The URL for the RFE is:
> >
> > http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4288745.html
>
> This requires registration.  Is there a non-registration-required section
> I can point people at?

No, registration is required.

> If not, I can pretty much guarantee that within the first 10 posts someone
> will say "OK, use <username> and <password> to access this", which might
> be counter-productive if it annoys Sun.

Each registration allows you to have only three votes, so if someone were
to post this it wouldn't help anyone.  Anyone who wanted to vote would
have to register themselves.

Of course, Sun might get suspicious when they see a lot of registrations
with the username 'asdf123' ;)

> Either way I can run the story, I just wanted to check back with you first.

thanks Nik,

Joe Yandle
Internet Programmer
Westlake Consulting Group