Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 1997 14:02:07 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ncftp ... getting pissed off!

Hey guys ...

Usually I use ncftp for ftp transfers, but since I went
over to 2.2.5R, I get this error on every transfer ..

Error: Error occurred during read!
Reason: Operation timed
out

I mean, even on the smallest file.  When I use normal
ftp, I never get this error.

I've used both versions 1.9.5 and 2.4.2, and with
and without their patches.

Is there anything else I've missed here ... I
really do miss the -R option in normal ftp.

Thanks
-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

System Administrator      | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584