Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:46:11 -0600
From:      "Dragon Knight ][" <dragonk@mato.com>
To:        "rlh217" <rlh217@gte.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Network Cards

You do NOT need to have the same (type/model of) network card in
two computers to network them.  Though the network cards must be
for the same type of network (eg: ethernet), so that you will have the
same type of connections/same type of cable going to each in most
cases.  But there are definitely exceptions.  And the network cards
must be compatible with the OS in which itis installed.  In my room I
have 3 different brands of Network cards connecting 3 different types
of systems.    I would suggest you search the net for some basic
networking how-to's.

Samuel