Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 01:53:07 -1000
From:      Richard Puga <puga@maui.com>
To:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu, jflowers@ezo.net, randy@psg.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLan IEE problem

>To date I am still receiving the following error after a day or so of use >on only the near side of a point to point link.
>
>wi0: init failed
>wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
>wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
>wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
>wi0: mgmt. buffer allocation failed
>wi0: xmit failed
>wi0: device timeout

Well since my last post I have purchased a New WaveLAN Turbo card and am
running it on yet again another PC with a fresh clean install of
3.2-STABLE.

I have tired more things..

I set the mtu of the wi0 interface on both the laptop (far side of the
link) and the PC from 1500 to 528.

I changed the IRQ from irq 9 to irq 10,11,... ect

I have changed the frequency from 1-13 on each card.

I tried each IO address on the ISA>PCMCIA adapter on the PC side.

None of these things worked.. however it is interesting to note.

The laptop on the far side has been running for some 20 + days and has
only had this problem once.

On the PC on the near side of the link it happens every day or so
sometimes
up to 3 times per day, however, I have the other Turbo card and
ISA>PCMCIA adapter in one of my former router PC's on the same network
which has been working for 4 days now. It is just sitting there doing
"ping -s 2048 laptop" and no routing.

So its only happening on the PC that is doing routing and has the
ISA>PCMCIA adapter.

Well that's it so far.

If anyone has any suggestions Im willing to try anything!!

Thanks again to all those who have helped:)

Richard Puga
puga@mauibuilt.com