Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:58:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      douglas jacobsen <djacobse@umdsun2.umd.umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ethernet card and cable modem

i have a 3com ethernet card(3c509b) in my system connected to a cable
modem. for some reason when i try to install freebsd (over the network,
ftp) it tells me that i have an invalid ip address. when i look at the
card, neither the active connection (green) light on either the ethernet
card or the cable modem is on. i was wondering if you could help get the
card to initialize... btw, linux doesn't initialize it either, and so far
my only luck with it is win95 (and it takes 10 min to boot, most of the
time looking at the card). i have had both the ethernet card and the cable
modem replaced and was wondering if you had any suggestions.
thank you,

douglas jacobsen