Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 15:53:06 -0400
From:      Mark Livingstone <mlivingstone@ottawa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   increasing # of PTYs?!?!

Cheers! I am running into a problem: i have recompiled my kernel with 256 PTYs, however, after the reboot.. it still
tells me that im running out of them even though im using only 20 or so. what should i do? should i MAKDEV those 256
ptys or what?

that's what i have:

root@ml:/dev>>ls pty*
ptyp0   ptyp3   ptyp6   ptyp9   ptypc   ptypf   ptypi   ptypl   ptypo   ptypr   ptypu
ptyp1   ptyp4   ptyp7   ptypa   ptypd   ptypg   ptypj   ptypm   ptypp   ptyps   ptypv
ptyp2   ptyp5   ptyp8   ptypb   ptype   ptyph   ptypk   ptypn   ptypq   ptypt
root@ml:/dev>>

i can't figure out how to create more :(

anyone can help? thanks in advance!