Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 1996 19:55:12 -0700
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris Watson <scanner@webspan.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>, hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PONY UP! (was: The -stable problem: my view)

In message <Pine.BSI.3.93.960607221644.21198B-100000@orion.webspan.net>, Chris Watson writes:
>> How about donating $25 every time you install or upgrade a machine
>> with FreeBSD ?  That would still be less than half the price of any
>> other thing you could install, say, MS-DOS 6.22 or Windows 95...
>>
>> So, guys, if FreeBSD is so useful to you and your business, maybe you
>> need to think about how you can be useful to the FreeBSD project.
>>
>> Poul-Henning
>
>Damn good idea. I think your 100% right. Gimme an address and ill send
>money. I think the old saying put up or shut up pretty much is the bottom
>line here. If we want -stable to continue we will have to take up the
>slack or it dies. It's that simple. So lets stop arguing about it and we
>will either get enough support and manpower to keep -stable going or just
>let it die. Either way I think tempers are starting to flare now between a
>few people so lets find a new topic since we all know what needs to be
>done with stable. :)

It's all there in the handbook:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook218.html

18.2.6.1. Donating funds

While the FreeBSD Project is not a 501(C3) (non-profit) corporation and hence cannot offer
special tax incentives for any donations made, any such donations will be gratefully accepted on
behalf of the project by FreeBSD, Inc.

FreeBSD, Inc. was founded in early 1995 by Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG> and
David Greenman <davidg@FreeBSD.ORG> with the goal of furthering the aims of the FreeBSD
Project and giving it a minimal corporate presence. Any and all funds donated (as well as any
profits that may eventually be realized by FreeBSD, Inc.) will be used exclusively to further the
project's goals.

Please make any checks payable to FreeBSD, Inc., sent in care of the following address:

     FreeBSD, Inc.
     246 Park St.
     Clyde CA, 94520

Wire transfers may also be sent directly to:

     Bank Of America
     Concord Main Office
     P.O. Box 37176
     San Francisco CA, 94137-5176

     Routing #: 121-000-358
     Account #: 01411-07441 (FreeBSD, Inc.)

If you do not wish to be listed in our donors section, please specify this when making your
donation. Thanks!

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.