Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:58:50 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdisp@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        nguyenpk@kuci.org (Nguyen Phi Khanh)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone out there have a broked identd?!

> 	It's odd.  I cvsup to FreeBSD-stable and when my identd does not
> work anymore after I rebuild everything.  Anyone have the same problem?

it's not a problem, it's a feature.

'make world' changes often the system enough that it doesnt work
until you recompile it again.

occasionally i've found out the same with ssh, back in the "old days"
when top wasnt part of the mail tree, it was also one of "those"...

there might be several other system dependant programs, but i've
forgotten which...

> -Khanh

mickey