Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:40:13 +0300
From:      Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com>
To:        kmacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sponsoring ZFS development on FreeBSD

Hello

Kip, since your name comes up wherever I look about ZFS development on
FreeBSD, I thought to send this mail to you directly as well. My
question is concerning sponsoring the FreeBSD project and ZFS
development in particular. I know I am just a relatively poor person
so I can't contribute much (maybe on the order of 20-30 euro a month),
but I keep seeing FreeBSD core team members keep mentioning "we value
donations of all sizes", so what the hell :) Anyways, in the past I
have directed my donations to The FreeBSD Foundation, if I want to
ensure that as much of my money as possible goes directly to benefit
the development of ZFS support on FreeBSD, should I continue donating
to the foundation or should I be sending donations directly to
specific developers?

Thank you
- Dan Naumov