Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:30:40 +0900
From:      miniyan <miniyan@kt.rim.or.jp>
To:        "Maksim Yevmenkin" <Maksim.Yevmenkin@cw.com>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bluetooth BW-BH02U reset failure

Hi Maksim,

> > I just mistake device name,  it not BW-BH02U. true name is "GW-BH02U".
>
> well, i did some research on that. it turns out Broadcom Bluetooth
> chip based devices require firmware download. in particular the
> device you have (Vendor ID 0x0a5c/Product ID 0x2033) uses special
> procedure to download firmware file, i.e. you have to download
> mini-driver first and then firmware itself. you can find both mini-driver
> and firmware images on the net. also Linux BlueZ stack has bluefw
> utility that can download firmware into this device. i will need
> to port this on FreeBSD. however i'm not sure about copyright issues.
>
> bottom line: i removed this device from the list of supported devices
> for now. i will add support for firmware download in the next version
> of ng_ubt(4) driver.
I just understand about this information.  I cannot found firmware for
DBT120, BW120M and GWBH02H. Of course, you know, this problem is
effects every BroadCom(Vendor ID 0x0a5c/Product ID 0x2033) devices.
I checked BlueZ bluefw already.

> dump this looks fine to me, btw you might want to use hcidump -x
> next time.
I should use -x option.

> > ubt_bulk_in_complete: ubt0 - Bulk-in xfer failed. IOERROR (13)
> > ubt_bulk_in_complete: ubt0 - Bulk-in xfer failed. IOERROR (13)
> > ubt_intr_complete: ubt0 - Interrupt xfer failed. IOERROR (13)
> > ---- 12 time repeats last 3 lines----
> > ubt_bulk_in_complete: ubt0 - Bulk-in xfer failed. IOERROR (13)
> > ubt0: at uhub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
> > ubt_bulk_in_complete: ubt0 - Bulk-in xfer failed. IOERROR (13)
> > ----- 19 times repeat last line ----
> > ubt0: detached
>
> 1) do these errors happen only when you disconnect the device?
I checked my action,  I've my action fault.
I was doing following actions...
  a. connect USB BT device
  b. run rc.bluetooth start
  c. disconnect USB BT device
  d. run rc.bluetooth stop

I works with following actions to do not happen that  errors.
  a. connect USB BT device
  b. run rc.bluetooth start
  c. run rc.bluetooth stop
  d. disconnect USB BT device

> 2) do you see these errors during the normal activity, i.e. when
>    device is active and you try to send/receive data?
Device already removed.

> 3) is it uhci or ohci USB controller?
boot message and usbdevs asked controller is uhci. Do I has to check on
board?
------- messages
Mar 14 09:38:52 xxxx kernel: uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB
controller> port 0x9000-0x901f irq 10 at device 7.2 on pci0
Mar 14 09:38:52 xxxx kernel: usb0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB
controller> on uchi0
------- usbdevs
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 addr 2: full speed, power 200 mA, config 1, product 0x641f(0x641f), Mitsumi(0x03ee), rev 1.14

> also you might get the same errors if you just start/stop/start the
> stack *without* disconnecting device after you stop stack. this
> is also a known issue and i'm tracking it down.
When I get any other errors, I'll report you..

Thanks,
Takahiko
--
miniyan <miniyan@kt.rim.or.jp>