Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 18:04:13 -0500
From:      Steve Blomme <steveb@tor.mcd.mot.com>
To:        rlyon@ozemail.com.au, dwalton@psiint.com
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, steveb@tor.mcd.mot.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PowerPC Port?

Actually Motorola makes a line of PowerPC motherboards and systems and all
run multiple OS's today. Desktop systems run AIX and Windows NT as a minimum.
Real Time OS support is there with seven or eight popular RTOS. As Richard
pointed out, we are well known in industrial and embedded areas but there is
an agressive software vendor program going on to capture drivers and
applications for NT, AIX and Solaris. We hope to add the MAC OS in the
future.

For those interested in more info try:

http://www.mot.com/GSS/MCG/products/products.html

Regards
Steve B.

-- Begin original message --

> From: Richard Lyon <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
> Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 03:38:54 +1000
> Subject: Re: PowerPC Port?
> To: Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
> Cc: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, steveb@tor.mcd.mot.com,
> questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> > > 1)    He's from Motorolla, so he's probably using Motorolla hardware.
> >
> > Good point.  He did say PowerPC, didn't he?  I automatically parsed that
> > to PowerMac and ran with it, 'cuz I think the only non-Apple PowerPC
> I've
> > seen is the BeBox.  (Have you seen that one?  Impressions?)
> >

> Motorola does produce a workstation range based on the power pc. The
> specifications look ok but I would imagine the price is high. Currently
> the
> only operating system supported is Windows NT. (Billy boy must be laughing
>
> all the way to the bank.)
>
> These machines are generally used for industrial type applications, etc
> I would imagine that Motorola would be interested in having another
> operating
> system available for their hardware.
>
> Regards ...

-- End original message --

    "There is no such thing as the impossible and today even the improbable
is becoming commonplace."

                                      -Itien de Keswick
Steve P. Blomme
District Sales Manager, Ontario, Canada
Phone:  (905) 507-7142		Fax: (905) 507-7232
E-mail: steveb@tor.mcd.mot.com