Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 17:03:56 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, doconnor@gsoft.com.au, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, wes@softweyr.com, dunham@dunham.org, jdunham@m3designinc.com, jdunham@texas.net
Subject:   Re: Ad-Hoc with Windows?

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 05:58:01PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20020504092022.J12386@wantadilla.lemis.com>
>             "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@lemis.com> writes:
> : On Friday,  3 May 2002 at  8:22:21 -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> : >>> - The BSDs are doing it wrong.  We should be using IBSS mode, not d=
emo
> : >>>   ad-hoc.
> : >
> : > ad-hoc is insufficient.  We should create a media option like OpenBSD
> : > has called master-ibss which does the right thing for the different
> : > types of hardware.
> :=20
> : Why master-ibss?  What's the difference between that and IBSS?  I
> : haven't found this term in the standard.
>=20
> 'ibss-master' is the master ibss you need one of these.  'ibss' is for
> all the other nodes on the network.  This is approximately the -c
> flag.

If I understand correctly, the difference is a bit gratutitous.  There has
to be one master ibss and setting that option makes it possiable to
create one.  It should be possiable to run all nodes with ibss-master
(if it's not, something is really wrong.)

-- Brooks

--=20

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA--