Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:46:26 +0000
From:      "Ben Kaduk" <minimarmot@gmail.com>
To:        "Tom Jones" <indiestory@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ibook sound card

On 7/9/07, Tom Jones <indiestory@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a ibook G4 running 6.2-RELENG. I'm having trouble setting up the
> sound card, There don't seem to be any modules/drivers on my system for
> sound cards(i.e. nothing using snd_). Ive searched the lists and haven't
> found any related topics, could it be that there is a different
> module/driver name for sound cards. If any more info is needed i'm happy to
> provide,
>
> Thanks

If you issue a:
pciconf -lv
your sound card should be one of the devices listed (it will probably
be pci0 or pci1 or some such, an audio device or multimedia device).
That information will help you find out if there is a driver for it
(if the man pages and handbook aren't helpful enough, the people at
freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org will know).
I suspect that there is no FreeBSD driver for this sound card, but I
don't know for sure (haven't yet booted  FreeBSD on my 12 inch iBook
G4).

Hope this helps,

Ben Kaduk