Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 08:59:19 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Satwant <satwant@lachman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD installation. (fwd)

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Satwant wrote:

> I bought walnut Freebsd 2.26 for my Win 95 Pentium Packard bell system.
>
> On running install.bat the follwoing error message come up in a DOS
> window:
>
> 	fbsdboot.exe -D kernel
>
> 	Sorry ! can't allocate enough memory.
>
> What should I do. Please advise. I am deepending on free BSD to get my
> grdauate project in time, done with source code of BSD.

The small booklet that comes with the 4 disks gives you the
alternative methods. There are also several ASCII-text files on the
1st CDROM that you should read before installation. Please Read Them.

The most reliable method involves booting off an install floppy, and
then using the CDROM as your install-media.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>