Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:40:28 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SysInfo-desklet, small problems...

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:37:20 +0100, Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> I can't get the network works so I have the feel that there might be
>> some more stuff that you have changed somewhere in SysInfo or
>> libdesklets? I keep get error like this:
>>
>> LibGTop-Server: kvm_read (ifnetaddr): Bad address
>
>   in my attempts to get sysinfo running i'm also did a portupgrade -f for
> libgtop and python. mabe you should do the same.

Ok, I will do that when I do the clean up.

> maybe it's relevant: my output of uname -a:
> FreeBSD ds9.webonaut.com 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #10: Tue Nov 11
> 13:42:18 CET 2003
>> Your patch works great as far I can tell by add print stuff and check
>> in the configure option, but I think it can't find my IP or whatever in
>> the SysInfo or somewhere.
>>
>> Umm, I tried to comment out the same line what you did on
>> SysInfo-0.21.2 for refresh and it doesn't work on me. :-/ It only will
>> appear if I click on configure, but it doesn't refresh thought.
>>
> you suppose in one of you last mail the i changed more the the one line
> in
> sysinfo, and the anser is: YES! -> in libmap.conf - i use this
> overall-settings:
> libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1
> libc_r.so               libkse.so
> it seems that it only work only with libkse. if i go back to libc_r
> sysinfo
> doesn't work.

Ouch... In 5.2, the libkse should move to libpthread as default.. So, it
might solve our problem.. I am wondering, what about FreeBSD 4.x? I hope,
it will work for them.

>> As for libdesklets::Disk.py, all I have to do is add an "?" in the
>> fstype (with ufs and etc) and it works fine. I know, it's not a real
>> solution but at least it works and still need to fix somewhere in the
>> libgtop.
>>
> but if you enter add the "?" you will also find procfs/linprocfs/nullfs
> wich doesn't really
> make sense to examine.
> i will suggest use my patch as workaround until a real solution is found.

You are right and I am using your patch right now in my local. You should
get gdesklets.diff in few hours when I finish the clean, test and etc.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.