Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:16:20 -0700
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sdflkj

My apologies.  My ISP's absolute refusal to delegate reverse entries
for my domain and /29 net is the problem.  They gave me CNAME entries
instead of PTR records,  and DNS lookups always pointed to the root
servers as authoritative.  This ended up with a loop, since once the
recursion got to ARIN.NET, it pointed back to my ISP. I'll be changing ISPs
soon.  DNAI, which was a very good and responsive ISP has now been
completely absorbed by the BORG known as RCN -- and RCN sucks!

Some have suggested SpeakEasy.NET as an alternative,  and they promise
that they'll give be a /29 or /28 net and let me actually run my DNS
properly.

I'd be open to any other suggestions for SDSL w/Covad as the provider.
I realize this is of little interest to those of you far away, so I
hope those in the SF BAY area will respond off list.

Thanks, and sorry again.