Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:24:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      George Sanders <gosand1982@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How can I confirm proper chroot ?

Hello,

I am using a particular program that has a command line option to "chroot to the current directory".

But I would like to make sure ... I want to be sure what directory the executable is actually rooted in.

How can I do this ?  Perhaps with lsof ?

I don't see any information from the 'ps' output that would give me definitive information:

nobody   96074  0.0  0.1  8804  3896  ??  Ss   11:16AM   0:00.01 /usr/local/sbin/thttpd -d /htdocs -r -l /dev/null

So I'd like some independent confirmation of where this running program is actually rooted...

Thanks.