Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 17:44:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Final request for help with release.  (DPT boot floppy)

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Jaye Mathisen wrote:
> >
> > I've massaged doFS.sh, and dropped FSINODES from 10000 to 8000 to get more
> > inodes, but nothing seems to help.
> is it the MFS or the disk that is out of vnodes..
> it must be the MFS..
> did you frob the right FS?

Near as I can tell.  I'm building with the DPT driver, and the system
finds it and sd0 and all that stuff.  But I can't make a directory on
it to save my life.  I tried simplifying the script that creates the MFS
to not create some unneeded devices so that there'd be more inodes
available, but no luck.

it's almost like the script that generates the vn'able image resizes the
number of inodes to exactly what's needed.  But that can't be right,
because certainly a stock 2.2.2 boot.flp works fine.

I tried making a tweaked kernel that only had my devices in it, and the
boot floppy just got smaller, but had the same problem with inodes.