Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:38:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Knight <freebsd@ghostwheel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise Ultra/66 support in 3.x?

Greetings,

  I recently tried to install a Promise Ultra/66 controller in my
3.x-STABLE box.  During the course of the experiment I learned that the
Ultra/33 is supported, but not the Ultra/66 in 3.x.  The Ultra/66 is to be
supported in 4.x, and a patch is available to make it work in 3.x.

  Since the patch exists, why not add support for the Ulta/66 to 3.x?

-ck