Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:06:24 -0500
From:      "Mark Beaver" <beaverm@corp.earthlink.net>
To:        "'David Gerard'" <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Cheap NAS using FreeBSD - practical considerations?

I personally do this with 2 IDE 80Gig drives in a CCD Configuiration =
with
Samba on (better free windows support) a Pentium 2 350 with 512 Megs of =
RAM
with no issues, this serves my: Music, Pictures, movies, and such =
without
issue, and I stream them off of the share just fine, even with =
movies/music
I don't use anywhere near all of a 100Mbit connection to it. Bear in =
mind to
that my Music folder has around 60Gigs in it and around 12,000 or so =
files.
So browsing that can be resource intensive, but still responds =
reasonably
fast

Mark