Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 08:44:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe <joe@lab.cba.ualr.edu>
To:        Thomas Mullaney <willow@totallyaddicted.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: quickcam and the freebsd 3.1 kernel

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Thomas Mullaney wrote:

> I'm trying to get my quickcam to be seen at boot up and I am unsure
> about what to put into the kernel config file to do this.  Any help
> would be great.  I am using FreeBSD 3.1 (but will be upgrading to 3.2
> soon)

Is this the parallel port model? If so, install xcqcam or sane from the
ports. You don't need to config the kernel for that. If it's one of the
newer models then I would take it back and get a better camera. Connectix
has never been willing to disclose their specs and support the camera. I
don't know if that has changed since Logitech owns it now.

-Joe