Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 07:20:42 +0200 (EET)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange(!!) sio callin/callout behaviour in 2.1.6

Hello,

sorry if I'm way too outdated with this, but here the
question  goes... the system is FreeBSD 2.1.6-RELEASE,
installed back in mid-November. sio devices are: com1, com2,
and a MOXA 4-port multiport board.

I observe the following misbehaviours with regard to sio
driver:

1. pppd never seems to receive/handle a SIGHUP from modem.

2. Callout devices behavior screwed... example: say I take the sio
   unit 5, getty active on ttyd5, TR LED on modem is on, then:

   # stty -a -f /dev/ttyd5
   [...a screen of stty's output goes here, Ok...]
   # stty -a -f /dev/cuaa5
   stty: /dev/cuaa5: Device busy
   # cu -l /dev/cuaa5 -s 57600
   cu: /dev/cuaa5: Line in use
   #

   Is it just me so stupid or tired, or a problem _do_ exist
   with either software or hardware?  Would anyone be so keen
   to suggest a fix?  (The above makes the system virtually
   unusable for the purpose it was installed for...)

Thanks!

--
		Best,
			Andrew Stesin