Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:34:12 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        walter@pelissero.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA hot swap

In message <200107291342.f6TDgiq08161@pelissero.org> "Walter C. Pelissero" writes:
: Having recently upgraded from 4.0 to 4.3 on my laptop I've noticed
: that PCMCIA insertion and extraction doesn't work as it used to.

It should.

: The system (Vaio PCG-XG9) just freezes.  Some time I'm able to rescue
: the situation inserting and extracting several times the offending
: card.  Some time I have to power off and reboot.

Ah.  We switched from assigning an interrupt to the card status change
interrupts (aka management interrupts) to using polling mode.
Unfortunately, this hangs many recent sony vaio systems.  You will
need to assign an irq to the pcic device.  I think it is 11, but I'm
not totally sure.

: My question is: "Has the hot swap feature been somehow dropped from
: the PCCARD code?"

No.  Just a simple mistake on our part that requires a config change
on yours.

Wanrer