Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:33:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Rex Luo <rexluo@synology.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qestion about vm page coloring

:
:  yes, I mean vm_page_t, and understand what you said. I will try to print the
:value of PQ_L2_SIZE in my kernel. Do you know what kernel options influence
:this value? I saw it is decided by PQ_CACHESIZE which is decided by different
:PQ_HUGE[LARGE/MEDIUM/...]CACHE....setting. Default setting PQ_CACHESIZE is 128,
:and corresponding PQ_L2_SIZE is 32. Am I right until now or something wrong?
:I use FreeBSD 4.1 release kernel to build my kernel.
:
:Anyway, thanks for your explaination.
:
:Rex Luo

    Yes, 32 is what you should see with the defaults.

    I would also upgrade to the latest -stable, 4.1 was a fairly good release
    but a lot of bugs have still been fixed between it and 4.3 including a
    couple of root exploits.

					-Matt