Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:42:38 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        keneasson <keneasson@zoho.com>, Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't update system.

On 1/12/10, keneasson <keneasson@zoho.com> wrote:
> Hi thanks for the reply.
>  I'm worried that changing WITH_GECKO will try and rebuild firefox2 which is marked IGNORE. It took me a long time to get that resolved.
>
>  Here is a bit of my portmaster -a log, it's pretty clear that there is a dependency loop.
>
>   portmaster -a &gt; pormasterbuild.log
>  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.8" not found, required by "pg_config"
>  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libiconv.so.3" not found, required by "httpd"
>  [: -le: argument expected

I would suggest you check the /var/db/pkg/libiconv*/+CONTENTS file to
see if it contains any extra dependencies.  The begining of my
libiconv*/+CONTENTS file only contains this:

@comment PKG_FORMAT_REVISION:1.1
@name libiconv-1.13.1
@comment ORIGIN:converters/libiconv
@cwd /usr/local
man/man1/iconv.1.gz
@comment MD5:5c4f3aa5c04f006466355e377b1a2560
:

There should be no @pkgdep or @comment DEPORIGIN lines in this file.
If you have these in there, then remove them as libiconv has no
dependencies.

Scot