Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:24:49 +0100
From:      "Peter =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lepp=E4nen?=" <pele02@handelsbanken.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW question!

Hello!

Installed a box with 4.5-release on it. Added IPFW and rebuilt the kern=
el.
Then I enabled NAT and IPFIREWALL  in rc.conf (and disabled some other =
stuff).
For start I changed the ipfirewall_type to "OPEN" to check that NAT wor=
ked.
And so it did...up to this point everything worked great.
But when I changed the ipfirewall_type to "SIMPLE" I could no longer ge=
out on the Internet =3D(. The simple type should give me access to do a=
t least DNS
queries and run HTTP. It says so in the rc.firewall file anyway.
The only modification that I have made to the rc.firewall file is addin=
g my
ip, net and mask of my two NICs.

Is this a known problem or what? Can=B4t find anything about it.

Can somebody help me before I loose my mind! =3D)

Regards!

Peter
=