Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:30:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <joeo@cracktown.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Any DRI users with XFree86 4.0.3?

I'm not sure that the mga part of that device driver knows the ID of your
card.  These two are defined down in

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel/mga/mga_drv.c;

        switch (pci_get_devid(dev)) {
        case 0x0525102b:
                s = "Matrox MGA G400 AGP graphics accelerator";
                break;

        case 0x0521102b:
                s = "Matrox MGA G200 AGP graphics accelerator";
                break;
        }

Do a scanpci and see what the vendor/device numbers are on your card.

Also, I'm not certain if the PCI version of the mga cards will work under
the version of the DRI in XFree86 4.0.3, due to need to arbitrarily map
dma buffers after the system is running.  But I can't speak
authoritatively about that.