Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:30:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        froden@bigblue.no
Cc:        davidn@blaze.net.au, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Denying expired users POP?

> >>That is not a option.  I want it to use the expire date field in the passwd file.  Changing the shell is just extra
> >>labour.
> >
> >Well, I certainly agree it isn't optimal. But writing a script to
> >change the passwd file (after looking at the expiry date)
> >wouldn't be particularly difficult.
>
> If there is no other option, I guess I have to do that then :-(

Would it be smarter to create a patch to do the expiration thing, and
then submit it someplace where folks are likely to find it useful?

I don't know who maintains qpopper, but if they're not willing to support
a vendor specific extension, it would still be nice to have it as a
"patch" that got bundled along with the FreeBSD port.

... JG