Date:      Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:52:16 -0800
From:      Patrick Mahan <PMahan@adaranet.com>
To:        Airton Arantes <airton.arantes@gmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems with keyboard on the loader menu

I have found that I have to do the following on some of our Proliant G5's -

  # cd /
  # echo "-P" > boot.conf

Also, are you using the VGA or the serial console?  We enable both (our ser=
ial
consoles are connected to terminal servers for remote access and VGA is use=
for the physical access).  Our keyboards are USB.

This is with FreeBSD 8.0 AMD64

Patrick
Patrick Mahan
Lead Technical Kernel Engineer
Adara Networks
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are solely the responsibility of th=
e author and are not to be
construed as an official opinion of Adara Networks.