Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:38:18 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Kutulu <kutulu@kutulu.org>
Cc:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KYLIX/Delphi on FreeBSD 4.4 boxes

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Kutulu wrote:

Within the next ten years or in ten years? :-)

I used Kylix 1 under linux_base-6 and today I tried to install
Kylix 2 under linux_base-7 which makes installation things easier,
but the 'runtime' result is still the same, Kylix crashes!
Before Kylex says goodbye it produces a lot of

linux: 'ioctl' fd=8, cmd=0x7201 ('r',1) not implemented

errors with ascending fd=xx numbers before dying in coredumping.

The first moment I thought it could be a kind of 'not found library'
but checking the cores shows me (and I would say I'm not a
sophisticated developper or 'augur maximus' in doing this) that
Kylix dys for a non implemented syscall ...