Date:      Tue, 01 Sep 1998 12:12:31 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "Choi Young Jin" <s198322@ccs.sogang.ac.kr>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What kind of assembler is used in FreeBSD?

On Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:47:43 +0900, Choi Young Jin wrote:

>> Please don't put > in front of your text, we use that to highlight
>> original text in replies (I had to remove the extra)
>>
>> See man as, it mentions other sources of info...
>>

>I am sorry for inserting '>' . (^^;)
>Anyway, response to my question , please.
>
>Thanks for your advice!!
>
>- Faith

I gave you the answer, look at the man page as
At a unix prompt enter "man as"

if you are unfamiliar with man pages, see "man man" and it will explain
what man pages are.
By the way, virtually no one uses the assembler under unix, it's there
for the C compiler.  Why not just write programs in C ??  If you're not
a C programmer, but you do understand assembler, you can learn C
easily...