Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:07:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        beattie@aracnet.com (Brian Beattie)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, gibbs@pluto.plutotech.com
Subject:   Re: looking for soemthing to do.

Brian Beattie wrote...
> Please excuse me if this is a duplicate.
>
> I'm looking for a project that woudl get me back into the kernel.  I've
> hacjed around in several UNIX kernels going back to V6 but have only
> looked at the FreeBSD kernel so far.  I was thinking about getting an
> Advansys SCSI controller and writting a driver for that but I also noticed
> a note indicating that work was needed on the SCSI drivers to support CAM.
> I have in my posession the following Adaptec controllers 1522, 1542,
> 2940U.

	There is already an Advansys driver in CAM, and the Adaptec 2xxx
controllers work pretty well.  We do however need someone to work on
drivers for the 1522 and 1542.  Help on that would be much appreciated.
(The only SCSI drivers that have been ported to CAM are the Adaptec (ahc),
Advansys and NCR drivers...everything else needs work.)

> While I could just dive in and start working I woudl really like to
> coordinate my efforts so as to not duplicate the work of others.  I have
> sent mail to Justin asking about this but have received no reply.  On the
> assumption that he is away or too busy to reply I am asking for input from
> the mailing list.

	He's just busy.  If you do want to work on a 1542 or 1522 driver, or
any other piece of CAM, contact me via private email and I'll see what I can
do to get you setup and running with our development tree.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com