Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:16:07 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Lachlan Michael <lachlan@lkla.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot auto-mount digital camera

--=-iZoCSGeZH/3O1nASXCh7

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 09:12 +0900, Lachlan Michael wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 18:49 +0200, Andreas Wetzel wrote:
> > Lachlan Michael wrote:
> > > As an aside, the two windows  (FAT) partions are mounted successfully
> > > (but they are listed in /etc/fstab)  but neither do icons appear on t=
he
> > > desktop as they used to. Instead, you have to look under "Filesystem"
> > > where they appear as ordinary directories. Perhaps this is intended.
> >=20
> > Try not listing them in /etc/fstab.=20
>=20
> In that case I get a similar result to the digital camera (it is the
> Sony DSC in the lshal, by the way).
>=20
> In other words, icons appear under the "Computer" but none of them are
> actually mounted. It seems as though the drives/cameras are being
> detected alright but just mounted correctly.

See http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html .  File systems listed
in fstab will only be mounted under certain conditions.

The camera may be getting unique handling.  Gvfs is built with gphoto2
support by default.  When that is enabled, certain cameras will be
available to gphoto, but perhaps not mountable.  Try rebuilding gvfs
without gphoto support, and see if that helps.

Joe

--=20

--=-iZoCSGeZH/3O1nASXCh7

--=-iZoCSGeZH/3O1nASXCh7--