Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:02:15 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dynamically loading/unloading accept filters

On 21-Oct-00 Michel Talon wrote:
>  On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 02:17:42PM +0800, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
> > Hi, I tried the following commands today on a 4.1.1-stable box
> >
> > kldload accf_data
> > kldstat
> > kldunload accf_data
> >
> > The last command returns the following message. Is there any dependency
> > I missed
> >
> > kldunload: can't unload file: Operation not supported
> >
> > --
>  I have similar with the vpo module.
>  kldload vpo works and the zip works. But kldunload vpo says
>  kldunload: can't unload file:Device not configured.
>  What is this about?

The vpo device has no detach method so it can't be unloaded (as far as I
understand it the upper layer returns ENXIO because there is no detach method)

As for accf it is a module and the handler for it doesn't support unloading.

From the source (/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_accf.c) ->
        case MOD_UNLOAD:
                /*
                 * Do not support unloading yet. we don't keep track of
refcounts
                 * and unloading an accept filter callback and then having it
called
                 * is a bad thing.  A simple fix would be to track the refcount
                 * in the struct accept_filter.
                 */
                if (unloadable != 0) {
                        s = splnet();
                        error = accept_filt_del(accfp->accf_name);
                        splx(s);
                } else
                        error = EOPNOTSUPP;
                break;