Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:14:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Wilson <jmw@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Custon install kernel

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, George Reid wrote:
[...]
> Create a boot.flp disk and mount it (It's UFS). gzip your kernel file
> (/sys/compile/<yourkernel>/kernel) and copy it over the kernel.gz file on
> the floppy image. Boot from this floppy. Easy :)

Thanks for the help.  I didn't think it would be this easy to do, so I
figured I'd ask the list before I hosed my system. :)  At least if this
works out well, I can finally rid myself of that pesky MSDOS partition for
good.

Thanks again, and take care.

- John "Buildin' that kernel as we speak" Wilson