Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:17:34 -0900
From:      "Mark-Nathaniel Weisman" <mark@outlander.us>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Questions about the Boot Loader?

How can I make my secondary hard drive bootable. I have two hard drives,
and the first has FreeBSD v4.5 installed and works. My second hard drive
has Windows98 installed and works by itself. When you boot the second
drive by self, you get the menu:

F1	DOS

Default: F1

Once you hit the enter key, it boots Windows normally. However when I
set it up as the secondary with my FreeBSD drive as primary the menu:

F1	FreeBSD
F5	Drive 1 << I press F5 in an attempt to boot to the other drive.

Default: F1

Appears...Pressing F5 gives me the menu:

F1	DOS  << I press F1 to try booting Windows, however it locks up.
F5	Drive 0

Default: F1

I can look at the secondary drive (ad0s1) with Fdisk and disklabel, but
can't seem to make a connection between the primary drives boot0 and the
secondary drive. Help?

His faithful servant,
Mark