Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 19:02:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ps doesn't need privileges?

Ok, sorry for the wasted bandwidth. I found it. I should have read the
commit logs more carefully. :(

----------------------------
revision 1.25
date: 1998/06/30 21:34:14;  author: phk;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -4
branches:  1.25.2;
Pick up kernel variables/constants using sysctl rather than through
/dev/mem

Use /dev/null for opening the kvm library, we don't need access to
/dev/mem anymore.

ps can now run without the setgid(kmem) bit.  If it does it will not be
able to show argv/envp for another uid's processes unless you are root.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@amis.net, http://www.herbie.amis.net
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia