Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:03:38 +0200
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <Jukka.Ukkonen@sysopen.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.1 complains about missing /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 when  starting Wingz

	Howdy, everybody!

	Has anyone else noticed FreeBSD-3.1 complaining about not being able
	to load some linux library file when starting Wingz? In my case the
	file was ld-linux.so.1, and this happened to me yesterday.
	When I checked whether the "missing" ld-linux.so.1 was present or not,
	it was exactly where it was supposed to be under /compat/linux/lib.
	Trying ktrace/kdump and truss came to nothing at all which is really
	no surprise. I did not have linux_kdump installed when encountered
	the problem, but probably it could have revealed some more details
	of the problem.
	Any pointers to take in addition to trying linux_kdump? Has anybody
	already seen and solved this little mystery?

		// jau@iki.fi	(Jukka A. Ukkonen)