Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:30:23 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Marius.Bendiksen@scancall.no (Marius Bendiksen)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unexplainable CRC errors

>From the keyboard of Marius Bendiksen:

> I recieve crc errors on my FreeBSD box a short while
> after having hung up a call using my normal phone. A
> call which has been done by the FBSD system does not
> produce such an error. The apparatus, cables and the
> terminal seem unlikely  candidates for this problem.
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I assume you are seeing ISAC (D-channel) CRC errors. The cause for ISAC
CRC errors are almost always one of

 1. - contact problems (some RJ45 plugs disconnect after being pulled 10 times)
 2. - no, wrong, or improper termination
 3. - wrong cable (one signal line exchanged with another, seen with brand new cables)
 4. - defect NT adaptor
 5. - defect ISDN card

Item one is the most appropriate in almost all cases, i can easily reproduce
it here if i pull the cable slightly out of one of my cards without
disconnecting it fully.

Under normal conditions one should _never_ see D-channel CRC errors and
in the meantime i'm quite shure (correct me in case i'm wrong!) i4b is not
the cause.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77