Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 13:41:09 -0400
From:      jfreeze@lexmark.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, dkelly@hiwaay.net
Subject:   Re: Installing and Running PostgreSQL

> Good! That's the right way to do it. Now you might wish to pkg_delete
> it and do it again using "make USE_TCL=true install" then follow up by
> installing the pgaccess port.  :-)

Ok, I did the pkg_delete and then a `make clean`.
The make file said to use USE_TCL=yes, so I did

make USE_TCL=yes install

This responded with

===>  postgresql-6.4.2 depends on shared library: tk80.1 - not found

Since I have the ports collection installed from wccdrom, I changed directories

cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk80

This is now the package directory.
I then did

make install

and it reports that

>> tk8.0.4.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.

Under /usr/ports/All there is a file

tk-8.0.4.tgz

I installed this by

pkg_add /cdrom/packages/All/tk-8.0.4.tgz

but postgresql did not think it was tk80.

I also tried renaming tk-8.0.4.tgz to tk8.0.4.tar.gz, but this did not work
either.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
jim@freeze.org